--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:

> > > Welcome aboard. Do you prefer being called Doc, Doctor or Dumbass? Rank
> > > armpits...good one. It appeals to my grade school sense of humor.
> >
> > Any bets The Dr is male? No woman would give herself the handle "dumbass".
> > Just not possible. Or maybe he means dum bass.
> > >

> Ann, Doc is a guy. His name says to me he's secure in his own self-worth and
> doesn't mind laughing at himself. He even invites us to laugh along with him.
> I like that about him.
>
> You're right. Women are not likely to adopt names implying "dumb." Most women
> don't choose a handle to make a statement about who they are. But a few of us
> who do, are likely to choose bad girl names, such as raunchydog or "Pussy
> Riot." It's an in your face way of saying "We are women, we will not be
> censored, deal with it."
>
> "Pussy Riot" is a Russian feminist punk-rock band based in Moscow. They got
> into trouble with the Russian government recently for protesting Vladimir
> Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church in Moscow's Cathedral of Christ the
> Savior. Three women in the group were charged with hooliganism. They are now
> serving two years in prison.
>
> Thank goodness Rick and Alex have minimum rules for censorship. It keeps the
> place lively. I've been following the "Pussy Riot" story. Here's the latest:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-levine/pussy-riot-verdict-guilty_b_1798040.html

Yes, thanks Raunchy. I love the name Pussy Riot by the way. Let's see if I can
think of a handle for myself that might reflect this type of self statement.
Hmmmm, I'll get back to you, I know there is just the thing out there but I
haven't ever thought about it before. Without sounding like Barry, how about
all the women here come up with one for themselves? I would love to see what
Susan, Emily, Judy, Share come up with. If I have missed someone, my apologies.