--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@> wrote:

> > > Raunchy, you might have missed this from months ago, but it
> > > is true.
> >
> > Not "from months ago," Susan. Barry's referring to
> > posts Ravi made in the past couple of days.
> >
> > > Ravi himself disclosed this and more.  Many of us have been
> > > very careful to stay away and out of all of this, careful
> > > not to egg anyone on.
> >
> > Your admirable self-righteousness comes across as
> > clear as a bell, Susan.
>
> Oh Judy, I spoke the truth here, not self righteousness.

It's self-righteous whether you actually believe what
you're saying or not.

> I happen to think Ravi is probably  pretty mazing person.
> But as you know, it was you in particular i was thinking
> of as not being a good friend to Ravi.  I think you must
> know that. Maybe that is why this bothered you so?

If I had known that, I would have found it hilarious.
You could hardly be any farther off-target. Very highly
selective memory you've got there.

Stick to metaphysical speculation, Susan. Your skills
do not lie in the area of analyzing real live human
beings.

> > > I totally agree, Barry.  I wrote a post similar to this
> > > months ago.  My feelings were and are that it is unkind to
> > > "use" people who are not well in chat rooms
> >
> > (Just for the record, FFL is not a "chat room," it's a
> > public forum.)
>
> Thanks for that very significant correction.  I am sure it
> misled everyone!!

Yes, very significant. That's why I put it in parentheses
and noted that it was "just for the record." Susan, are you
really bent on taking over the role of Stupid Sal?

> > > to encourage them in any way.  My reason was that this stuff
> > > stays around, and employers, attorneys, they all can see it.
> > > It can embarrass family, mortify the person themself when they
> > > well, and ruin lives, or at least compromise them.  Not good
> > > to be in any way a part of that.
> >
> > Says Susan, quite deliberately making herself "a part
> > of that."
> >
> > Like Barry, she believes she is able to determine who
> > is and who is not well, and she wants it known that she
> > has judged Ravi to be definitely not well.
>
> Wrong again, Judy.  Ravi himself said he had some troubles,
> and I believed him. Nothing wrong in that, is there?

*Had* some troubles, Susan. Oddly enough, you didn't go
to the trouble in the post I was responding to to make
it clear you believed he had now overcome those troubles,
if that was in fact what you believe, as you seem to
imply here. Certainly Barry doesn't think he has, but you
failed to challenge him on that point. "I totally agree,"
you wrote in response to the paragraph from his post I
quoted above, which obviously referred to Ravi in the
present.

Sorry, Susan, but your attempt to make yourself appear
less hypocritical is very far from convincing.