--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" steve.sundur@
> wrote:
> much snipping
> > > I have to think, Judy, that you would take exception to
> > > someone describing an entirely fictitious conversation
> > > with you as though it had occurred. I also think that
> > > you might take exception to someone writing posts with
> > > your byline,
> >
> > (Steve has explained he didn't mean using someone else's
> > account ID.)
> >
> > > even if it is done in the
> > > name of so called irony.  My feeling is that you would request
> > > that such a person refrain from doing that.
> >
> > It would depend, Steve. And certainly Curtis and Share
> > are free to object or make such a request if they think
> > anybody might have been misled.
> >
> > But it was obvious to me that the "conspiracy" bit and
> > the paragraph Robin wrote and signed "Curtis" were both
> > ironic. And frankly, I'd be astonished if everyone didn't
> > realize this.
>
> Yes, I am sure everyone did realize it.  It is just something
> I would not take the liberty of doing.  Perhaps I am more
> sensitive along these lines.

Uh, perhaps. I guess that's one possibility.

> Of course Share did respond that she had not participated in
> the discussion to which Robin indicated she was a party.

Well, no, Steve, that wasn't what she responded. She did
contradict what Robin had said about the *nature* of the
discussion to which she had, in fact, been a party.

> I picked up that she wasn't too thrilled about being
> misrepresented.

Or, she was pleased to have found something she thought
she could use to make Robin look bad, not having
realized that, as you yourself said you were sure
about, everyone would have recognized it as irony.

> And also,
> > Irony is pretty easy to detect if one is in good contact
> > with reality, because the variance from reality in the
> > ironic material is clear. It's really just a matter of
> > common sense.
>
> I don't think anyone is missing the irony.

Maybe you should tell Share this.

> But irony just like anything can be in good taste or poor
> taste.  In my opinion, Robin's irony sometimes crosses a
> line most people would not appreciate.

You're welcome to your opinion, and your taste. De gustibus
non est disputandum.