--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> > You tell me what your amazing rescue effort is accomplishing
> > right now.
>
>  It's not my amazing rescue effort. How would I know what it being
> acomplished right now?

WATCH THE TUBE.

 I doubt that all of the possible 200,000 will
> all be sick or dying within a few days. I was commenting that the
> massive Federal effort was seen (after being distorted by the media)
> as a lack of help.

Sorry, but it's NOT being distorted by the media.

I'm listening to a tape of the mayor of New
Orleans being interviewed by phone from last
night on CNN, cussing a blue streak about what
is NOT happening.

Somewhere between 15,000 and 50,000 people are
marooned at the Convention Center in New Orleans
with no food, no water, no sanitary facilities,
no medical attention, no INFORMATION.  Most of
them have been there since Wednesday; the media
has repeatedly reported on their plight.  Babies
and old people and sick people are dying of
dehydration because they don't even have WATER.

And the head of FEMA last night claimed the feds
didn't know anything about them.

That is just *criminal* incompetence.

> No matter how big the government it can't protect
> everyone from natural disaster

That isn't even the issue now.  The issue is that
many tens of thousands of people are in a desperate
emergency life-and-death situation and NO ONE IS
HELPING THEM.

And it's not just in New Orleans, of course, it's
up and down the Gulf Coast.  There's more coverage
of New Orleans because the disaster is so much more
highly concentrated there.