--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, one would hope if you were interested in meditating with the large
> > group that they would issue you a badge.  That in itself is still a problem
> > to surmount just coming in. I spoke with someone yesterday in line waiting
> > for coffee, an old meditator here who just re-applied and still waiting to
> > get a Dome badge and was appalled at the dossier that was compiled and
> > questioning by the course office of private information they had gathered
> > about concerts gone to and saints visited.  Was really creep-ed out by the
> > interview.   However the air quality in the Domes is a lot better than
> > before.  They have been working at that.  I am told tha smaller rooms
> > around like out in Maharishi Vedic City have real nice air quality. I do
> > notice the formaldehyde taint is not as great in some places around the
> > dome depending on the flow of fresh air mix by the air handling system.
> > Overall it is noticeably better.
> >

> The TMO collects information on you?

They definitely do this. The national course offices know exactly which TM
teacher went to another organization or has been with another saint and so on.
Basically according to all  criteria they have for giving admission to courses,
they will collect information. On that depends if you will get a batch or
admission to any kind of course.

> Why do you want to even
> be in the dome if this is the sort of treatment you get in
> a so called "coherent" atmosphere. Don't you think it's gone
> wrong, the AofE course office shouldn't be like the east German
> Stazi should it? Maybe you want to amend your unified field
> poems a bit.....

This will always remain an individual decision. I have friends who are very
much in the center of the movement, and who struggle with these policies,
mostly by keeping their mouths shut. You have to think about to whom of your
friends you tell what. And this is then really like it was in East Germany with
the Stasi, I have a brother, who grew up in this system and told me how it was.
He said that it leads to a kind of a double mind, where you behave like an
obedient GDR citizen OTOH and and with some close friends, whose opinion you
happen to know, you rant about the system.

And yet, there are people like Share, who are just fine with the system like it
is, who don't seem to have any points of conflict with the movement, and for
them it is just fine. You could say that the movement serves them well, until
any of these conflicts arise.

For me it is like it is with you: I wouldn't like to be in such a situation
again, I prefer my freedom, and I am happy that in my present spiritual
environment, there is not at all a problem with that.

The only problem I see for the movement with these policies is that they will
slowly alienate an increasing number of people. But in the end of the day,
everybody has to determine the life style that works best for him, one has to
cut out the piece of the cake in a way that works best for oneself, and not
think of the rest.