SHARE: Remembering that Maharishi said, "What we have no control over we take
to be the will of God."

The way I read (I had not heard this before) this statement of Maharishi's, it
proves that he was in a higher state of consciousness. Maharishi, and only
Maharishi, had this ability to say something--and if you really took it in from
where he was saying it, and felt its resonances throughout the universe itself
[and that is indeed what happened if you were sensitive enough], your very
being told you he was representing reality itself.

There is the strict *content* of what Maharishi is saying here. But as soon as
I read it, *I felt the context of Maharishi and his consciousness* and how
perfectly, metaphysically, apt his comment was.

Not only that: IT STILL SEEMS TRUE TO ME. But Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, he was,
during a stretch of time, infinitely tuned-in to the cosmos--at least he could
say something like this, and in one's being one sensed that he was, as it were,
making known the profoundest truth that could be known. "What we have no
control over we take to be the will of God". How brilliant is this? It is said
by someone who 'has more context' than anyone whom I have ever known.

I don't know how many persons (you would have to be an initiator to really feel
this, I suppose) remember how Maharishi would make some truth become a kind of
perception in one's life. I think, even now, I can benefit from this precept.
It actually works for me. Even as I do not believe in a Personal God.

But I believe in the empirical truth of Maharishi's words--*I discovered their
truth at a level I could not have any control over*. That was the
extraordinariness of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi: he wasn't making this stuff up. He
was reading off reality.

One of the most perspicacious things I have ever heard--and only Maharishi
could have said it. As long as one guards oneself from the mystical aura of his
authority--and not allow this statement to be any truer than it actually
is--one can apply this truth in one's life. At least when this situation comes
up, this remembered perspective could be useful.

No one but Maharishi could say this--because it is (or it seems to me it is
objectively true somehow. "What we have no control over we take to be the will
of God". Even, then, if it is not literally true, to adopt this frame of
reference will be beneficial to us. No one refuted--in his presence--a single
thing Maharishi uttered.

TM more or less made us helpless to resist the authority of Maharishi. However
if you knew Maharishi personally I feel sure you carry within yourself
something that no other being who has ever existed could put there. And I find
not just the meaning, but the subtext of this statement of Maharishi's to be
undeniably 'true'. What initiator's subjectivity could take in all of what and
who Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was--and simultaneously and innocently experience
what was flawed about him? For me, that has always been the challenge: to do
Maharishi total justice (to what he was able to do to one's personal
consciousness; to what he was inside creation in his glory days) while at the
same time realizing his terrible weakness.

But here, he rules.