> >  I'm always so flabbergasted at the LACK of
> > apparent interest in the GMO issue

wgm4u:
> Maybe it's because it saves children from blindness
> in third world countries? Ya think?

Well, I don't know why anyone would vote in favor of
Proposition 37, to require GMO foods to be labeled in
food stores in California.

It seems to be kind of pointless and fearfull and
resembles ancient alien conspiracy theories.

Organic food is just food produced by organic farming,
"...a set of techniques based on anti-scientific
beliefs, myths, and superstition."

http://www.skepdic.com/organic.html

"There is broad scientific consensus that genetically
engineered crops currently on the market are safe to
eat..." - Pamela Ronald (UC Davis scientist)