On 11/02/2012 07:05 AM, Share Long wrote:
> Sorry guys, I misspoke when I replied negatively to oxcart last night about
> not using one's real name here.  I know there are very valid reasons for
> doing that.  In oxcart's case it's more than just using a handle.  It's that
> they don't say much about themselves, what they believe in, etc.  They just
> take nasty swipes at me, questioning my honesty.  BTW, I'm using they because
> I still can't tell if they are male or female.

You mean Share Long is your real name? :-D

And which Frank Smith or Shirley Johnson is  it?  I'm all for privacy
and anonymity on the Internet.  Back in the BB days handles were carry
overs from the CB era.  Also "memo form" became the standard for
messages because 300 baud moments.  No bytes to waste for "Dear...." but
some people are still stuck in the personal letter mode.