Yes the origin of Bhairitu is from Barry2 but it is more complicated
than that.  When I subscribed to a.m.t my Usenet handle was Barry based
on my email at the time and it was fictional name I used in a band
(handle on top of handle). The three of us in the band all had fictional
names and all were TM'ers and one now lives in Fairfield.  Some of the
folks on a.m.t started calling us Barry1 and Barry2 so I just Hindicized
it to Bhairitu which in Hindi would be "brother Ritu" which would be
weird because Ritu is a female name.  So the handle is also a bit of
cognitive dissonance.

The tropics I was thinking of was Kerala in India.  Nice communist state
but you wouldn't know it because businesses thrive there and Cochin is a
very modern city.  Problem is they drive on the wrong side of the road
in India.  And then they play "chicken" a lot when they drive.  Also
spent a few days at Ammachi's ashram in Amritapuri.

You could throw a rock in the US and probably hit someone with a pitta
predominant constitution.