But the practice of qigong can lead to such experience

________________________________
 From: emptybill <emptyb...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 11:46 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: muula-bandha?

Using the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth to close the circuit is
Qi-gong not Hatha/Kudalini.
The circuit used is a nadi but is not sushumna and is secondary in significance
and function.

For Tantrika-s, Kundalini is the primal power (adya.shakti) in the human subtle
body and abides in "sleep/forgetfulness" in the forest of samsara. Heavy duty
yogins address her as bitch and whore because she has left her lord and
companion (prabhu) to have sex with the intellect/mind/senses/matter. She
doesn't couple with the ego-I (ahamkara) because she is the "I" in illusion.
When she awakens from her delusion, wandering and slumber she give s the finger
to samsara and returns home to be with her love.

In experiential terms she is not "some movement in the spine". Those are just
impulses of the more general  prana-shakti (life-powers) that enervate the
body. When Kundalini (the "she-coil") begins to ascend it is the river of life
moving into various seas and finally expanding into the ocean of omni-presence.

Imagine what it would be like to have liquid sunlight (like a water hose) flood
your spine taking everything plus you into an ocean of light in your heart. It
then floods upwards to dissolve in vastness. You would at that point have a
sense of it.

This is not qi-gong.