--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> Hey MJ,
> You make a lot of valid points.  But keep in mind, here you are posting
> pretty much non stop on this forum, so something made a deep impression
> on you.
> It sounds like your cherry got  busted by M just as mine did.  I
> acknowledge the corruption, the gap between the promises and the
> results, but for me at least, I filter out the parts that don't make
> sense, and enjoy those parts that do.  And this is not a point that
> hasn't been made thousands of times here.
> But M launched me on path for which there seems no turning back.
> And it seems that as time goes by, for some people, it becomes easier
> and easier to discount most every part of M's teachings, till he reduced
> to a pure charlatan.  Not for me.  I gained a tremendous amount from the
> insight he provided into the Vedic and Indian tradition.
> Let's take one example.  "AGNI".  Was it total bullshit, this notion of
> the "AH" in Agni being representative of the of the initial full burst
> of creation, followed by a full stop in "G", and then continuation in
> "NE".
> I'm asking.  I really don't know if it was total bullshit or not, but
> for me it still remains pretty profound.
> And if I want I can come up with hundreds of similar examples.
> How about, "when existence becomes conscious, then intelligence becomes
> intelligent".  I though it was pretty cool trying to make an analogy to
> set theory, where first you have  nothing, then then have brackets of
> that nothing, which might correspond to the null set.  Or maybe you have
> "0" in those brackets.  Could not that correspond to the mechanics of
> creation if you believe in such a thing
> Attending MUM, I found many of those types of parallels to be valid.
> Yes, of course many were stretched.
> I broke away sometime ago, but I retain much value from the entire
> experience.
> But certainly focus on all that you find negative if you wish.

Nice post, Steve. Just curious, why is "AH" "G" and "NE" in "Agni" profound for
you?

"In Maharishi's Vedic Science, the Constitution of the Universe is embodied in
the very structure of the sounds of the Rik Ved, the most fundamental aspect of
the Vedic literature. According to Maharishi's Apaurushey Bhashya, the
structure of the Ved provides its own commentary, a commentary which is
contained in the sequential unfoldment of the Ved itself in its various stages
of expression. The knowledge of the total Ved is contained in the first sukt of
the Rik Ved."

YA GYA SYA DE VA MRI TVI JAM
AK NI MI LE PU RO HI TAM
HO TA RAM RA TNA DHA TA MAM