--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mjackson74" <mjackson74@> wrote:
> >
> > A comment on the article about the 8,000 flyers in Mexico
> >
> > "I too am a former TM sidha. I gave thousands of pounds to the organisation
> > over many years, but had no more to do with it after I got close to an
> > Indian working for the organisation at a senior level. He confided in me
> > that the top people close to Maharishi had asked him to smuggle gold during
> > his trips from Europe and USA back to India!! When he refused they
> > pressured him and made him break down, threatening he would have no future
> > in the organisation if he didn't comply. Thus was back in the 90's when
> > Maharishi was still alive. No wonder the movement in India is rich!"
> >
> > http://www.mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=366529
> >

> No one brought charges against Maharishi for smuggling gold. Hearsay is not
> proof.

Quite so. Something for which we should all be immensely grateful.

Ei incumbit probatio, qui dicit, non qui negat; cum per rerum
naturam factum negantis probatio nulla sit

I live in the UK. Here employment law does not follow this
principle. That is quite some shock when you come up against
it. As a small business owner/manager you can suddenly find
yourself 'in the dock' without this ancient guarantor of your
rights (i.e having to *prove* your innocence). Quite disturbing.
I once employed a fruitcake who accused me of 'touching her up'
(and this person accused others of other dramatic violations,
e.g. racist abuse). So now I *really* appreciate the importance
and value of "innocent until proved guilty". And I'm inclined
to thank my lucky stars no one has yet realised what a wonderful
guru I could be, and come knocking on my door and putting me on
a grand pedestal (as per MMY/MJ?). Crucifixion isn't the half
of it. It is a racing certainty that the fruitcakes will gravitate
to anyone with an ounce of charisma (like moths to the flame that
obscure the light) and create mayhem. "My" MMY predicted as much.

How awful it must be to have to cope with TB fanatical "followers"
and their inevitable disappointment.