Emily,

I am not exactly sure what you are saying: if you are showing some
undestanding about this statement Share made, or indicating she deserved
the harsh responses she received?

Here's the statement:

I believe Barry has a deeper understanding than most of religions, their
origins etc.  Okay, great.  Why not enlighten us, if there is some
misconception?

I mean if you ask 99% of people, "Who discovered America", the answer
would be Christopher Columbus.

I mean I'm not even sure who discoverd America.  But from what I've
gathered in the last couple years, it wasn't CC.

If you ask 99% of people, "who came up with the idea of "one God", the
answer is going to be the Jews.

Again, I'm not sure who came up with idea of "One God".

So, what's the value in ridiculing someone who asks a question, or makes
a statement along these lines?

Why not just provide a correction?

Anyway, going to bed now.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn wrote:

> You know, I ask a lot of stupid questions and throw out a lot of
unenlightened bullshit. Â I do this when my mind isn't working, I do
it to get feedback, I do it to help myself think differently or more
expansively about an issue. Â I don't think "piling on" is the right
phrase at all. Â

> When people respond to a question or a POV thrown up here, they give
all of us the opportunity to gain clarity, think more deeply about our
belief system, question our assumptions, look at our logical or
illogical train of thought, have a good laugh at ourselves and others',
etc. Â I see it as one of the primary gifts of FFL - that people are
willing to communicate what they are really thinking. Â It was a huge
shock to me to see this here when I arrived. Â It isn't how I
experienced my life for many years - so many people are fear-based and
too scared to say what their real reality is - they don't even know it
themselves, they've protected themselves for so long and gotten stuck in
righteousness and sheep mentality and blame and many other defense
tactics. Â They have no idea how to take responsibility for
themselves, nor do they want to. Â

> >________________________________

Share handles it all with grace and humor. Well done, Share.

> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> >> All this over one simple statement below, and suddenly one is
"simple minded", a "twif" a pudding "brain"!? Or I guess the come back
is, "no this is just one example of this type of thinking"

> >> I don't see any of it. I see someone who has traversed through the
issues and come to a style of communication that is for the most part
non confrontational.

> >> I think you totally miss the subtlety of the way Share
communicates, and instead choose to demean someone whose thinking
processes differ, perhaps markedly from yours.