> There are A LOT of people in Fairfield, IA, myself included, who have a
> similar if not same attitude toward their experiences.  Of course it's a
> little more difficult to be blase' about GC experiences.  Decades ago I
> heard that GC could also mean Golden Chain.
>

> Anyway, even some folks doing their program in the Dome simply view that
> activity as another part of daily life.  No big deal.  Just life as we know
> it.  Even if it is so different from the life that perhaps our families live.
>
> Anyone so inclined, come and visit Fairfield, preferably during an Art Walk
> weekend.  You'll be pleasantly surprised by the creativity flourishing here
> among some very down to earth, humorous and compassionate people.  Not
> perfect people by any means.  In fact, most of the ones I know aren't into
> perfection anyway.  They're into life's richness and the living of that.

Yes, I visited that Art walk. Very soft and friendly people in Fairfield
generally without the hard aggressive edge found so many other places in that
country. What many here seems to not get is that it's possible to be
softspoken, kind AND successful. The whole notion so prefferred by posters like
the Turq and others here that aggression is a mark of being integrated in the
world will have to go and replaced by a new generation of souls. The lack of
ability to adjust to the new energies coming into the world is the saddest part
of witnessing this great transformation. Sadly it's only natural that many will
cling to old forms and patterns.