--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mjackson74" <mjackson74@...> wrote:

> I have to argue with you on that - first of all I said not all, but a lot. Of
> course not all long term TM'ers are ineffective in life, just at not all TM
> teacher turn into unpleasant people like the TMO leaders often do - I have
> for example praised Jerry Jarvis with whom I had limited interaction but for
> his status in the Movement at the time he was a real fine fellow - he treated
> me and the other meditators at the Atlanta Center very well - he was not
> aloof, arrogant or dismissive of people who were not of his "rank" within the
> Movement.
>
> On the opposite end of the scale I also had dealings with Gene Speigel, Susan
> Humphries, Chris Crowell, Greg Wilson and his wife Georgina who were all
> aloof, arrogant, unpleasant and Georgina W. looked me right dead in my eyes
> and told me a flat out lie. The behavior of A LOT of long time TM'ers in
> leadership roles is not what one would expect of ANYONE who did TM if TM had
> the effect it is advertised to have.
>
> As a former MIU faulty member you cannot seriously deny the sloth and
> inefficiency that existed in that place and in most Movement facilites - the
> stories of this are legion - I am speaking from experience. I lived and and
> dealt with it on a daily basis.
>
> I acknowledge that there are long time TM'ers who are successful like
> Seinfeld. I don't know what it is that makes the phenomenon occur of the TM
> walking dead - but please don't deny it exists. There are too many people who
> post here who can vouch for the TM brain dead - having said that some of them
> I like and had good friendships with.

MJ: TM does not work as advertized.
RD: uh-huh...
MJ: I've seen walking dead people.
RD: uh-hun...continue...
MJ: Stories of their slothfulness are legion.
RD: How so?
MJ: They are brain dead.
RD: <gasp> I'm starting to get the picture.
MJ: Earl Kaplan says they are disconnected from their hearts.
RD: I've got it!
MJ: Got what?
RD: Zombies! You're talking about fucking Zombies!
MJ: You're full of shit.
RD: No, no, really. Listen, MJ we have to *do* something about this before it's
too late.
MJ: Too late for what?
RD: The Zombie apocalypse.
MJ: You're starting to scare me.
RD: Don't you get it? Zombies eat brains!
MJ: Yes! And TM makes you brain dead! OMG this is worse than I thought.
RD: Exactly.
MJ: What should we do?
RD: Have dinner.
MJ: What?
RD: I'm thinking Fava beans and a nice Tuscan chianti.