--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> Xeno, I appreciate especially when you say below, "...the many
> avenues by which it can enter..."  I'd never thought of placebo
> in that way.

Nor should you. Xeno is using the term so broadly and
loosely that it gets diluted to the point of
meaninglessness.

Lourdes is a reasonable example; people go there with the
expectation of being cured of a specific ailment, which
either occurs or does not occur.

Kumbh Mela is not, at least as the effects of attendance
were described in the study that started this discussion.