--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008  wrote:
> > >

> > > salyavin:
> > > "I don't know of any who left the TMO to make money out of teaching,
> > > it was all to do with freedom from the excessive rules and stupidity like
> > > the
> > > Scorpionland debacle. And they are endlessly being
> > > threatened with legal action. TM must be the most fraught relaxation
> > > technique...."
> > >
> > > ALL the so-called "independents" I know do so because they want to keep
> > > the initiation-fee for themselves. Without exception. They are motivated
> > > by greed and I certainly hope they will be sued from "A-Z and back"
> > > unless the give what they teach a different name.
> >
> > Um, they already have given it a different name. It was the
> > first thing they had to do to avoid the lawsuits...
>

> Some are using different names and stay away from using TM-research. That's
> fine an noone bothers about them. But some are not, and they are simply
> greedy.

Why should people stay away from using TM research to promote
the benefits of learning? As the TMO like to say the research is
mostly carried out independently, the results are, like all science, in the
public domain to be studied, added to or criticised in the
hope of gaining greater understanding. That is what science is for.

If you are treating it as an advertising technique then you may get
fed up when other people reference your work, or in this case
other peoples work, using your technique. But if they are teaching
the same thing as you you won't legally have a leg to stand on as
far as the science goes because the benefits will be the same no matter who
teaches it.

I'm sure an independent research centre won't care whether the
meditation techniques they study are "official" or not or whether
ono-official meditation teachers reference their work to sell the
same thing. I'd certainly raise my eyebrows in bemusement at all
these lawsuits flying about amongst these relaxed, enlightened
people....