-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn  wrote:

> P.S.  Not that that is a good song, or anything...
>
> P.S.S.  My main point was that "god given talent" is a real thing.  Some
> are born with perfect pitch...don't have to learn it.  Some will never
> "hear" the pitch, so could be schooled to ignore their ear perhaps, but it
> isn't the same thing.

Yes, we are different in ultimate capacity, but the same in that we all have
something we can work with if we choose to.  I approach everything with the
idea that if I share the neurology of someone who can do something (have a
brain) I have a shot at doing what they did.  And until the world lays its
heavy hands of my actual limits on my shoulder, I act as if I can do anything
with practice.

I go through this discussion almost once a day with my GF who insists that I
just had latent talent and she has none for visual arts. But since she doesn't
want to add this to her creative pursuits it is a moot point right now.