--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> >

> It simply wouldn't have been a big blip on my radar screen.
> Just more silly TMO blah-blah-blah, tune it out. Vedaland
> was a ridiculous notion to start with even when Henning
> was still in full cry.

What, Judy the great champion of truth and persecutor of
the dishonest wouldn't have made as much as a squeak if
someone from her so-called spiritual group tried to relieve
her of her life savings? Hah! I find that rather hard to
believe. But then I was there and saw it.

Besides, it wasn't about whether the blah-blah was going
to happen, it's about dishonest fundraising. Of course
it was ridiculous but that didn't stop them having
a go at raising millions for it regardless of whether
it was likely or not.

> > > Not a thing wrong, as far as I'm concerned, with
> > > salyavin having brought up the fundraising on that
> > > course, or with the three of you griping about it.
> > >
> > > But you all seem to be even more outraged that the
> > > TMers haven't all chimed in and denounced the TMO
> > > than you've been over the original offense.
> >
> > I think you are dreaming here, as I've said most people
> > kept quite and kept their heads down to save getting in
> > trouble, like having a "negative" opinion is a bad thing.
>
> Well, but isn't this one of the things you've been
> outraged about?

On the course, yes. Here, no.

> > > Could it possibly be that some of the CPs on that
> > > course were enjoying it and simply didn't *want* to
> > > spoil their experience by getting into an outraged
> > > frame of mind at that point, TMO or no TMO?
> >
> > Is that how people work? I don't think so, people would
> > complain about the food or the heating in the flying room
> > as loudly as they could.
>
> Yeah, but those things are relatively trivial, not some
> kind of major betrayal. Bitching and moaning is one
> thing, outrage is quite another.

Given the scale of the difference I would say it makes
less sense not to complain about the vedascam unless
we invoke some sort of fear about rocking the boat.
Which, if you cast your mind back, I was told by teachers
on the course not to do. They all knew I was right but
couldn't bring themselves to admit it for whatever cult-
ish reason.

It's a thing in the TMO that Marshy is always right, and
that the movement can do no wrong because we act from the
home of all the laws of nature. Beliefs like that can create
a lot of anxiety when something like this crops up all blatant
and in your face and contradicts the higher being you are
striving for.

> > > Salyavin, to your knowledge, did anybody commit
> > > themselves to donate *during that course*?
> >
> > No idea, but most of us were there for ages and if Doug
> > Henning hadn't inconsiderately gone and died a week or so
> > after the pitch maybe they would have.
>
> OK. But you get the more general point I was making
> about decisions on rounding courses, right?
>
> Your experience does sound to me like an extremely
> unfortunate aberration, at least based on my own
> experience of rounding courses. And even if the pitch
> hadn't been made on a rounding course, if they really
> did know the Vedaland project was down the toilet, it
> would have been grossly dishonest.

Oh, they knew alright. That's the most sickening thing to
me, they way Mr smarm ducked the question about how Doug
was at the time, knowing he was on his death bed but showing
a movie about his life and telling us what a great guy he was.
It was cynicism of a very high order.

So I shall continue to be outraged on behalf of everyone
on the course who had their evening ruined, and potentially
their bank account emptied by a slick, bullshitting, money
grabbing cocksucker from the age of enlightenment.