Ok, I'm down with that.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson wrote:

> It was a joke Steve - but I still say that what the TMO presents is
like watching Lawrence Welk and what the TMO actually does is like
watching a Black Veil Brides video

> ________________________________

despised TMO.  Sometimes you just plain make a fool of yourself.
> I had a bite of rare steak the other night that made me
transcend.  How can we spin that?  How bout TM makes people
bloodthirsty.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Oh Share I love this! I wish I could see Bob Roth and his TMO
buddies response to the statement that TM transcending thru TM and
smoking pot sometimes give the same experience! Thanks for posting this!

> > ________________________________

we're enlightened.  But I want to respond to your exchange with
Emily about backpacking, walking the dog, etc.

> > I remember the first time I meditated in March 1975 I thought, oh,
I've had this
> > before.  It was very familiar to me.  From sometimes
getting in the zone
> > when I played sports.  Sometimes snoozing in the hammock in
the backyard
> > after work.  Sometimes from dancing to my favorite
music.  Body surfing!  Sometimes from
> > marijuana.  And I definitely wanted that relaxed but alive
experience
> > in a natural way.  I think that's what I get with TM.ÂÂ
> >
> > I really like
> > Maharishi's analogy for this:  meditating is like dipping a
cloth in the dye where the cloth is your nervous system and the dye is
Being or pure consciousness or what Doc calls Silence.  Then
engaging in daily
> > activity is like putting the cloth in the sun.  The color
fades, but not completely.  What color is left after fading in
the sun, that color is
> > permanent.  Then dip in dye again, then fade again, over and
over until
> > one day the color is totally permanent.  Being or Silence is
permanently experienced along with all other states.  Maharishi
calls it restful
> > alertness and for me that phrase captures its quality of being both
settled and potentially full of activity. ÂÂ

> > I'd say practicing TM makes the whole process not necessarily faster
but more reliable.ÂÂ

> > ________________________________

like to have the Silence permeate other areas of your life.

> > And why is this state of grounded in the self and permanent silence
called "Enlightenment?"

> > Thanks!
> >
> > PS: Jim (doctordumbass) stated in his own words regarding
Enlightenment:
> > "It is anything but a static state, first experienced as always
being grounded in the Self, or permanent silence. Once a person is
established in Silenc within, the enlightenment begins to "infect"
everything else. The Silence within can no longer be overshadowed,
destroyed, or disrupted. Sounds crazy, huh?:-)"