--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, srijau@  wrote:
> >
> > there [sic] are nothing when compared to Maharishi and
> > what he has done.
>
> Maharishi's mission is unique because he had the power,
> love and dedication and was sent in a moment of human
> history when mankind was on the verge of the big leap
> forward. He made mankind take the jump, but not
> singlehandedly, without the work of other Masters
> preceding him mankind would not be ready.

Stop, stop, for God's sake (hey, these guys probably
believe in one, even if I don't) STOP!

My optometrist has warned me that all the "eyerolling"
I do while reading FFL is having adverse effects on
my vision. :-)

This really takes the cake. HOW could anyone possibly
believe this stuff, about someone so relatively insig-
nificant and Almost Forgotten Already as Maharishi?

I think that there must be a one-for-one relationship
between the amount of fear that a person has about being
insignificant and cosmically unimportant *themselves*,
and the amount of significance and importance those
poor people project onto spiritual teachers or others
whom they identify with. In their minds, the higher the
imaginary pedestal they put Maharishi (or whatever guru
or teacher or public figure they're groupies for) on,
the higher *they* become.

Weird stuff, if you ask me. But whatever floats their
boats. Me, I'll continue to think that he was just a
garden-variety narcissist who would never have been
remembered for much of anything by much of anyone if
it hadn't been for the Beatles. People who made them-
selves feel more significant and important by identifying
with *them* just transferred that fallacious reasoning
to Maharishi, and now make themselves feel more signif-
icant and important by identifying with him.

And *what* exactly, are they identifying with? A guy
who made up a beginner's technique of meditation, had
some initial success with it, and then pissed it all
away with flights of fantasy, delusion, grandiosity,
and madness, leaving today's TM organization unable
to get anyone to learn TM *unless someone else pays
for it for them*, like some guvmint or the DLF. They
couldn't market TM successfully on a standalone basis
in the meditation "marketplace" if they tried.

Some "accomplishment," for someone they consider more
important than Rama, Krishna, and Buddha (two of whom
never even existed).

The ludicrousness of believing that Maharishi is in
any way important to planet Earth makes my eyes roll
so much that I fear my optometrist is going to be
very worried indeed. :-)