--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37"  wrote:

> I sincerely hope that when this young man is not meditating or eating fruit
> he is studying to be an engineer or a software designer or something like
> that. A "poor, reclusive" life for a 23-year-old does not sound very
> promising.

Yep, but that's exactly what we did when we joined the movement. According to
you, there couldn't have been a Buddha or Jesus Christ. Why did the Buddha
leave his fathers kingdom to become a monk and meditate? He could have just
stayed at home and become something reasonable. Or Jesus, why did he have to go
to the desert for 40 days to have visitations of gods and the devil? He could
have just stayed home and become an honorable carpenter. He could have built
nice homes and furniture for the community he lived in and probably also lived
a bit longer.

And feste, since you seem so genuinely concerned about the societal wellbeing,
you should also give note to this guy here, he could become a software
engineer, go to silicon valley and get some taint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weZX_ycGc00