turquoiseb:
> It's really fascinating having a break from work and
> thus catching up on "The Master," the new TV series
> called "Cult," and the best of them all, "The Following,"
> *all* while reading Fairfield Life and tuning in to
> another forum still inhabited by diehard Rama freaks.
>
> What it's taught me is that the single most important
> step one can make towards overcoming the conditioning
> and brainwashing of a cult is ADMITTING THAT ONE
> WAS PART OF A CULT.
>
> Isn't it fascinating how few people here can do that?
>
> Looking at the ones who can, versus the ones who can't,
> there is simply no question as to which appear more sane.
>
> If you can't say "cult," and admit that you were or still
> are a part of one, you can't ever get *over* the cult.
> Recognition is liberation.

They call you a 'cultist', not because of what you walked
away *from*, but for what you *ran* to - The Zen Master
Rama.

>From what you've described, you should have known better.
You've spent what, almost half your life in and out of
cults.

But, compared to Rama, the Marshy was a 'Beacon Light
of the Himalayas'. In contrast, Rama was the laughing
stock of the entire Buddhist world. Marshy's following
looks like a mountain compared to Rama's anthill. LoL!

The Code Cult of the CPU Guru:
http://www.ex-cult.org/Groups/Rama/wired