I think it's sort of the myth that Michael has created for himself and
seems pretty stubborn about shaking loose from it.  Perhaps it's because
he's a relative newbee, that he thinks we're a pretty fragile lot here.
Probably better to try to perpetuate the myth for his sake.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...>
wrote:

> "Have not and will not share all he told me because if I did folks
like Dr D and Nabby would have apoplexy."

> Are you f*cking kidding me, Mikey?? What would you like to *shock* me
with?

> I had been around the block many, many times before I began TM, at the
not so tender age of 21, and began hearing about Maharishi. That was
nearly 38 years ago, and I have lived many lifetimes since.

> Please do not hold back your tales of woe and deceit on my account.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson mjackson74@
wrote:

> > I never did it for what other people thought and if everyone gits
tired of me bein' here, all they gotta do it ask the moderator to kick
me off and off I will go.

> > As to how much further I can take it, I dunno cuz before a couple
weeks ago I thought my opinion of Marshy could go no lower till I spoke
with Mark Landau on the phone and some of the things he told me made the
hair stand up on the back of my neck.

> > So yes, Ravi it was Mark - and no we are not friends, just
acquaintances - he mentioned in his BATGAP interview with Rick that both
Marshy and TM had a dark side and Rick said let's come back to that, but
they never did. I was curious what he meant by that and e-mailed him
asking. He replied it would be easier to just tell me on the phone and I
called him. Talked a little over half an hour. Have not and will not
share all he told me because if I did folks like Dr D and Nabby would
have apoplexy.

> > ________________________________

I officially revoke everything I said about Marshy and TM and I am gonna
program my Ipod to play only that goddamn funny, funny Maharishi Vedic
Honey video over and over and over - I hope one day to wear the white
(meaning become a raja) Jai Guru Dr. Dumbass!!!

> > Hey MJ. I will throw my small thought into the mix here. I have read
and appreciated much of what you have written of your experiences at
MIU, within the various phases of your different roles within the
Movement as a meditator, member of staff and all the other ways in which
you participated. I especially enjoyed reading what you had to say a few
months ago when you first started posting about your
disappointment/disillusionment/disgruntlement with MMY and with many
others in positions of power and authority within the TMM. Although I
was a meditator for almost 20 years and graduated from MIU I have no
hard feelings about my time there or the technique. However, this does
not stop me from considering all that you have to say about your own,
very different, experience. And it does not mean I don't respect and
consider all that you have to say as far as I can do that without having
gone through or seen what you did.

> > I am not sure how much further you can go with your unearthing of
the slimier aspects of what has gone on within the movement and around
MMY and even with MMY himself. I, for one, have a pretty clear picture
of what you know and how you feel. Your audience has been reading what
you have to say for weeks now and I am pretty sure we could,
individually, write an essay on how MJ feels about MMY and the Movement
and the practice of TM. What is happening now is that some are getting
tired of reading, of being exposed to, what is starting to sound a
little like a broken record. What you have to say isn't going anywhere
past where it has been for a while now. It is evidently important to you
to use this forum, and other places, as a sounding board for how you
feel. But it seems as if you are having to defend your position a little
harder now, that there is not the same empathy or support for your
position. It seems you are starting to look like a man standing
> > alone on a hilltop defending his patch of land to an ever-increasing
number of those unsympathetic to your 'cause'.

> > I am not saying that what you have to say is less valid than it was
three months ago it is just that if you test the wind direction and the
barometer it is telling you your audience here is not quite as receptive
to your message as it once was. This is, of course, only my opinion. I
respect your need to voice how you feel and admire your courage to do
just that but I think I have gotten the message now.

> > > ________________________________

here, are those with no recent experience of the technique. Sure, they
had their heyday - a few decades ago.

> > > Now, looking back hazily on those times, they stand up as those to
be believed, the DEFINITIVE VOICES regarding the technique, its founder,
and any other pearls that spew forth. Its just so much tripe.

> > > Being ordinarily skeptical, doubting stuff I am told, is second
nature to me - an excellent survival tool, imo. So I can appreciate
airing doubts about...anything. However, how long does it take to
integrate something THAT YOU NO LONGER PRACTICE into your life? Why the
public fixation on something that no longer has value to you?