> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > Or from "Twin Peaks":
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKZzKLpNII
>
> :-)
>
> > On 03/03/2013 07:26 AM, merlin wrote:
> > >
> > > http://kennethwestlee.com/2013/02/28/transcendental-meditation-becoming-popular-again/
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > > Then I discovered TM (Transcendental Meditation). The
> > > first thing I learned was, The Beatles did it. Then I
> > > learned Jim Carey, Russell Brand, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen
> > > DeGeneres, Russell Simmons, Clint Eastwood, Dr. Oz,
> > > and lots of CEOs of Fortune 500 companies practice
> > > and advocate like mad for TM.
>
> One of the things that amazes me about the people who
> keep forwarding articles like this is that they don't
> seem to realize that everyone on their lists of "famous"
> meditators is OLD AS FUCK.
>
> The youngest on this list is Russell Brand, at 38. Ellen
> DeGeneris is 55. Dr. Oz is 53. Oprah is 59. Jim Carrey
> is 51. The Beatles are so old that many people under the
> age of 25 have never heard of them.
>
> Put aside the absurdity of deciding to learn a technique
> of meditation because a famous person says so. That's so
> retarded as not to require comment. But to pretend that
> TM is "becoming popular again" when the only people they
> can come up with to shill for it are OLD AND IN THE WAY,
> and in many cases old enough to be the parents, grand-
> parents, and (with the Beatles) even great-grandparents
> of kids these days? That's kinda pathetic.
>
> Try to imagine TMers trying to pitch this shit to people
> of high school age or early college age who may well have
> heard of NONE of these people, let alone be impressed by
> what they might think of anything. Kids these days would
> look at them as if they were insane. And with reason.

Dear Barry, you just don't get it. You refuse to get it. It eludes you because
you are stubborn, wear very narrow blinkers and have some sort of block, be it
spiritual, physical or mental. You don't get it so much that you won't even be
sure what it is I am talking about that you don't get. You will think about it
for as long as it takes you to read these words and then move on to wherever it
is your mind tends to want to go. You write words and words, it is always the
same message, but they are very far from addressing what is real or relevant.
You are stuck in some nightmarish, Twilight Zonish, Groundhog Day type rotating
door type of repetition and broken/skipping record world of your own making.
For our sake, for your sake, I am begging you, can you move past this? I mean,
even a baby sitting in front of a piano can find more than one key to hit.