> turq wrote: But I *do* believe in "being on a roll," or
> "being in tune," or, more simply, Just Being Lucky.
> Curious, share asks: what does turq think he's in tune with?

Clearly, Share, you have never surfed. :-)

Surfing (the little I did of it...I'm not like Marek)
is about two things -- balance, and "reading the waves."
One does not have to believe that the waves either have
sentience or a "purpose" to ride them. All that is
necessary is to be able to read them well enough to
catch a good one, and then use your own balance to
stay up on the board long enough to catch a good ride.

I *understand* that many are not comfortable with this
level of acceptance of the randomness of life. I *under-
stand* that many want to believe either that there is
a "purpose" to everything or a "Plan" behind it. I don't.
Shit just happens. But that doesn't mean that one can't
surf a good wave, even if it's a wave of shit. :-)

I surf *trends* the same way some people surf waves.
When I look at things, I don't tend to focus *only* on
the moment, but on a "succession of moments," and what
that reveals about the general direction those moments
are taking. Then I take action, based on what my per-
ception of the prevalent trends tell me is most likely
to happen next.

This does *not*, at least in my mind, imply any kind of
belief in a Plan of any kind. Shit still just happens.
But often it happens in waves, and if one is paying
attention, one can surf those waves. Does that answer
your question?