Thank you Judy, for your usual kind words.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@...>
wrote:

> Thank you, Ann, appreciate the kudos.
>
> Steve has a problem. He knows I don't think very highly
> of him--I've made that pretty clear--and he feels he
> needs to get back at me, but he doesn't have the chops
> to come up with legitimate criticisms that actually
> apply to me. So he just makes stuff up, like Barry,
> only Steve isn't nearly as creative. Any old insult is
> fine; it doesn't have to be accurate as long as he feels
> he's gotten his rocks off.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" awoelflebater@ wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@>
wrote:

> > > I guess you do have to look a little at the life of two of my
biggest
> > > critics.
> > >
> > > Ravi's life, which is pretty well documented, and Judy's life, or
lack
> > > of a life. Or at least a life no one knows anything about even
after 20
> > > years of posting. Or, I suppose this is her life. That's about the
> > > only conclusion that can be drawn.
> > >
> > > Which is mostly just a counterpoint to everything Barry writes,
and
> > > Curtis and anyone else who takes a stance she finds objectionable.
> > >
> > > Which of course is fine, except so much of it falls short of
anything
> > > that makes much sense.
> > >
> > > I'd make a $500.00 bet that if a trained psychologist examined her
> > > interactions, just within the last few days, that they would
arrive at a
> > > similiar conclusion, or they would at least find someone who is
> > > incapable of discussing things honestly, and who also resorts to
evasive
> > > tactics, and straw man arguments all in a effort to feel that she
has
> > > won an argument.
> > >
> > > Any takers?
> >
> > No 'taker' here but I will give something.
> >
> > I actually take umbrage at your assertion about Judy's honesty. I
personally don't think she has a dishonest molecule in her body. In
fact, I would go so far as to says she can't help but tell the truth, as
she sees it and at the risk of seriously pissing everyone off. I do not
believe Judy is about distracting her reader from what is the closest to
the truth of a thing, as she sees it from her level.

> > She is inexhaustible in her research and in the pursuit of 'getting
it right'; she obviously has a mind that ranks right up there, as far as
lucid, raw intelligence goes, as high as anybody who has ever posted
here. (I know who is rolling their eyes right now, so don't think I
don't.)

> > Her style, her fighting instinct, her doggedness does not endear her
to everyone. Fair enough. You don't have to like someone to appreciate
their innate insistence on accuracy, on this kind of purity of defining
things. She is, to me, very like a human barometer or other finely-tuned
instrument that can't go against this nature of hers to give one an
accurate reading. She can admit when she is wrong. She isn't easy at
times, in fact she can be bloody ruthless. But I love that, in its
proper time, in its proper context. The thing is, I don't believe Judy
writes/asserts anything she does not truly believe - even at the risk of
being wrong. If that is not honesty, then I don't know what is.