 From: Xenophaneros Anartaxius <anartax...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:35 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Meditation Hijacks Achievment? [was MUM kid
expelled for pot....]

> Well Xeno here I am again, awash in the clear blue waters of your writing.
> Hanging on to my question like a branch I grabbed as it floated by:
>
> If indeed "you lose instead the pursuit of an unreal dream" how is it that
> you still have what you call pesky delusions and residual delusional
> thinking?  Maybe the delusion is thinking they're delusions (-:

For most people, realisation does not come completely clean, and maybe it never
does come completely clean. 'You gain fulfilment in Brahman Consciousness but
the unstressing goes on forever' as Maharhsi said once. That is not the image
we are told when we start TM. Adyashanti calls the inducement to enlightenment
'bait and switch', you are told a lot of glorious things in the beginning, but
at some point you realise that what is happening is not about you as an
individual or person, its about unvarnished truth without your ego being a
participant. A lot of the behaviour of 'masters' is to crush the ego, to not
pander to it, so being around these people can be rather uncomfortable, because
they really do not care about what you think you should be and how you think
you should be treated.

Of course one of the problems is these teachers, and their disciples, sometimes
begin to think they should be treated in special ways.

> Am I being nit picky?

Always