LG, please see my post to Curtis--

--if you haven't already, for my apology for my confusion
about who wrote the post I'm now responding to.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > (snip)

> > > on·set
> > > noun
> > > 1. a beginning or start: the onset of winter.
> > > 2. an assault or attack: an onset of the enemy.
> >
> > Actually the word you used was "outset," not "onset."
> >
> > "Outset" can't be used in your sense #2 for "onset"
> > above. "Outset" just means "beginning" or "start."
>
> In this case, you are absolutely correct Judy. "Outset",
> not "onset", was used which narrows the field of possible
> meanings. However, I still trust *my* initial reaction
> when I first read it as meaning the outset of this more
> recent exchange between the two because it has been a
> long time since there had been exchanges of any kind.

That's not really the case. Robin wasn't here at all
from shortly before Christmas till the past week, but he
and Share had had numerous encounters from the time of
their big blow-up until he left before Christmas (mostly
due to Share making various provocative comments about or
to Robin).

As I pointed out to Curtis, Curtis's first awareness of
the exchanges between Share and Robin was that very
conflict, which he himself joined on Share's side. So
it would have been only natural (albeit mistaken) for
him to assume Robin had started their discussions with
unfriendly motivations.

> I also think that everyone is aware that very rarely do
> exchanges between posters on this forum start out at the
> very beginning as hostile or negative.

It's not that rare, in fact. Barry does it all the time
to newbies. He did it to Robin shortly after Robin joined
us.

> > But you knew that.
>
> I don't think so.

I thought you were Curtis when I wrote that. He'd have known
what he had written.

Again, my apologies.