I don't doubt that he finds TM beneficial in making maintaining  sobriety
nicer.  But this is not how he kicked, that was years before. I was objecting
to the idea that he owes his sobriety to TM.

This is a pervasive problem with TM marketing hype IMO.  I like my TM and think
it is a nice resource.  But it doesn't get people off smack, or more precisely,
it didn't get Russel off it.