 From: Ann <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:28 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: VI annual YFC!

> That was brilliant Curtis! And funny too. But who knows, maybe Buck will use
> his farm muscles to out maneuver all of them on the foam.

I don't really understand what the 'competition' is all about. Do the men
compete against the men and do the women have a competition too? And do the men
always outdistance the women? And do the younger always outdistance the older?
If so, then it seems doubtful any of this is flying. It sounds like a
competition of strength - pure and simple. I don't think the mechanics of
pushing off a piece of foam with brute force and intention would be the same as
having some other physical law that governs the ability of a human being to
fly, even though they have no jet engine or feathers or leathery wings or wings
like an insect, and therefore lift off is not governed by strength at all but
by that mysterious force of nature that would allow (although not, seemingly,
so far yet in the history of TM) a humanoid to lift spontaneously off the
floor. In other words, I don't buy it; having this competition is sort of like
a strange parody of what the siddhi is all
 about. I think it sort of demeans the whole thing although on another level I
kind of like the fact that this event occurs because it is almost like a sort
of self-imposed joke by the people who organize this. It is, in the end, an
athletic event, IMVHO.