--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "vashtirama" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My greatest concern is that the most money girls are able to make
> is by doing sexwork. The assumption is that the great pay is a
> stepping stone for those who don't want to be doing it their whole
> life--just so that she can get out of debt, or finish college, or
> pay for a child's private school or medical treatments.

Finally, a valid and sensible criticism of strip clubs.
I (obviously) don't believe that there is anything wrong
with them, or that they are necessarily exploitative of
the women who work in them.  I have sat and had long
conversations with enough of them to know that isn't
necessarily true.  But the *system* is exploitative of
the fact that women are generally not considered "worth
as much" as men, in the same job.  Therefore, many women
go outside the system to make equal amounts of money.