 From: Susan <waybac...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 7:41 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Economy Needs You to Work Past 70

I think that we need to be able to work 1/2 time or 3/4 time at any point in
our lives.  I think most people would love this option and could have more free
time to do lots of the other fun things in life.  An added bonus - it would
allow more people to have jobs, which we need, especially the younger
generation graduating from college and struggling to find jobs.. There just are
not enough jobs and needs to have full employment, full time, for all those
that want it.  So let's have partial employment/job sharing for anyone who
wants to work.

The reason this is not happening here? The big problem is that once you don't
work full time, here in the USA, you don't get health insurance.  So the whole
idea falls apart unless we can get single payer Medicare-like coverage for
all..  Then people would feel freer to make work and life choices and be
flexible and could change up their options at different points in their lives.
The whole Obamacare thing is not going to work, nice as it sounds.   It is just
a modification of the current complicated system.  Steven Brill's article in
TIme nailed it - we are way way overcharged by hospitals (especially
nonprofits) and that is what is driving the whole medical fee disaster here.
Medicare pays for services at an appropriate rate (about one tenth of what the
younger public is charged).  Yes 1/10th!  Amazing.  Theprofit for nonprofit
hospitalas is humongous.  This then drives everythiing else, including the
reason people here try to work fulltime no
 matter.......