--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> [...]
> > > Swami
> > > Order itself, the feeling was deeper, more natural, because the land and
> > > its
> > > spiritual history supported it. This was the "Whole Thing, the Real Thing"
> > > as Guru Dev used to say.
> > >
> > > If this were to be my last sight of the master, I had picked the right
> > > night. I felt God smiling on me. For the entire evening, Maharishi
> > > remained
> > > in samadhi, eyes closed. That doesn't mean he was completely lost to the
> > > world, though, because at one point I felt as if he were "scanning" me
> > > checking me out with his inner vision. He's far too powerful to not have
> > > his
> > > attention felt by his teachers. I felt him look right through me, my
> > > organs,
> > > subtle body, mind, everything. While this was going on, I tried to send
> > > him
> > > the telepathic message: "Lord Shiva got me in here as a boon."
> > >
> > > If Maharishi was upset about my being here, it was his own fault-he was
> > > the
> > > one who taught me, in person, the highly effective techniques for locating
> > > transcendental consciousness and fulfilling desires through That. I was
> > > living proof of his own success this night. I'd gotten through his
> > > carefully
> > > selected, highly effective human shield and then been delivered at his
> > > feet
> > > as a VIP. That is the power of the Lord.
> > >
> > > The deep velvety-red umbrellas of Swami Vishnudevananda Saraswati and
> > > Swami
> > > Shantanandji Saraswati, embroidered with large gold Sanskrit letters, were
> > > obviously very old. To me, they represented the cosmic umbrella that one
> > > gets under for spiritual protection when initiated by an enlightened guru
> > > into the ancient tradition of the Sanatan Dharma. Each umbrella was imbued
> > > with the deep spirituality of ancient India?and great men of cosmic
> > > consciousness.
> > >
> > > I was mesmerized by the rare darshan (sight) of Swami Shantanand
> > > Saraswati.
> > > He must have been in his eighties at the time, but still had the wrinkle-
> > > free face of a baby. The glow on his face was more pure, more translucent,
> > > than I had ever seen on any human being before. He looked like the
> > > transcendent personified. He remained seated in deep meditation the entire
> > > evening. He never moved, never opened his eyes. He looked serene,
> > > breathless, in his all-time natural state of cosmic conciousness. From his
> > > whole body he radiated powerful waves of love.
> > >
> > > He was a sensory feast to behold, seated in the highest position in the
> > > room
> > > on his "throne" chair that was placed directly underneath what looked like
> > > the same unbrella that Guru Dev hasd sat under as Shankaracharya. The man
> > > had a pure white halo that encircled his whole body."

Knowledge is not bound to any land or place.  No place is favoured.  Knowledge
is everywhere, all over.  If certain types of people are prepared at a place,
they will receive it.  Preparation of mind is the only key to where this
knowledge will descend.  If people at a particular place take to the ordinary
way of life, they will get ordinary knowledge.  If at a certain place people
are preparing themselves for higher knowledge, certainly it will be available.
No place is particular for knowledge.