On 9/14/05 6:29 PM, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And MMY has always presented himself as a renegade reformer. By the
> way, those methods are from the jivanmuktiviveka, not Shankara himself,
> are they not?

Well, no, really they are from Vidyaranya--the most respected Shank. since
Adi Shankara. Personally I prefer later "Shankaracharyas" who are less
Vaishnav and more tantric. In that respect Vidyaranya is the quintessence of
tantra, yoga and advaita. In many respects in appears Adi Shankara was a
Vaishnava Cortez <cringe>.