white and stretchy the limo comes a zoomin'
she drops her thumb, intootion loudly boomin'
"beyond that tinted glass, no meruda's a loomin'"

________________________________
 From: merudanda <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:15 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Housing reccomendations for the Governor Gathering?

BIKING or HITCHHIKING: that is the question:

BIKING or HITCHHIKING: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
FFL's slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of THESE troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by DOME sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
DOME sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
..
The insolence of DOME office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
Where at  Maharishi Invincibility Center
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought

snip

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long sharelong60@ wrote:
> >
> > Did the Course Office offer any ideas for housing? One practical
> > consideration is whether or not you'll have a car to use. FF is a small
> > town but you might not want to have to walk a mile or more in the early
> > morning or when it's blazing hot in the afternoon. Plus walking means you
> > have to allocate more time for getting to the Dome.

snip
http://www.tm.org/governors-recertification/

https://www.tm.org/governors-recertification/application.html
 Last Scheduled Governor Refresher (i.e. Recertification)

Course—Summer 2013
• Final opportunity for some time to gain recertification to teach the TM®
technique
• Abridged course—only two weeks required
• Wonderful, exclusive tapes of Maharishi
Raja John Hagelin has announced the final scheduled offering for
some time of the Governor Refresher Course, to be held at Maharishi
University of Management (MUM) in Fairfield, Iowa, USA this summer. This will
be the last opportunity for some time for Governors to again
become qualified to teach the Transcendental Meditation technique. The
course is open to U.S. and Canadian Governors
..

VII. Housing and Meals
Housing options
On-campus housing is limited. Governors are encouraged to stay with friends off
campus, if possible.
Share do you have a room to share?

On-campus housing options and costs:
        * Private room with shared bathroom: Saturday, July 6 through the
evening of Sunday, July 21: $480 for the 16 days of Block 1, which includes
arriving the evening
prior to registration/orientation day. Additional single nights are
charged at $30 per night, if you wish to stay for Guru Purnima and the
National Governor Workshops.
        * Private room and bathroom: Saturday, July 6 through the evening of
Sunday, July 21: $800 for the 16 days of Block 1, which includes arriving the
evening
prior to registration/orientation day. Additional single nights are
charged at $50 per night, if you wish to stay for Guru Purnima and the
National Governor Workshops.
        * There are also very limited rooms in the Maharishi Peace Palaces on
campus. These beautiful rooms are in perfect Vastu, with private baths.
Room rate is $450 per week, or $89 per night. For reservations, please
contact the Peace Palace Director directly at: t...@lisco.com or (641)
919-8188.
        * Please contact o...@mum.edu to explore off-campus housing options.
        * Meal passes for Annapurna Dining Hall in the Argiro Student Center on
MUM campus may be purchased at the Campus Bookstore.
Individual meals may be purchased at the Dining Hall entrance.
We look forward to having as many Governors as possible participate
in this course, enjoying rapid growth of enlightenment and helping
create an Invincible America.
..

Course Dates
        * Governor Refresher Course, Block 1: Sunday, July 7 through the
evening of Sunday, July 21. (Travel date is July 6, as needed to be able to
attend registration on the afternoon of July 7, and the course orientation on
the evening of July 7. Departure is any time on Monday, July 22.)
        * Guru Purnima Celebration: Monday, July 22
        * Annual National Governors Workshops: Wednesday, July 24 through the
afternoon of Saturday, July 27 (for Certified Governors and those who gain
recertification on Block 1 of the Refresher Course).
        * Global Mother Divine Organization meetings: for ladies who are
Certified Teachers: Sunday, July 28
II. Governor Refresher Courses—Requirements for Becoming Recertified
Block 1, which is 15 days long, is required for
everyone, and includes Maharishi's knowledge and directions on how to
present Total Knowledge to the public now; the latest policies and
procedures; some of the most beautiful and inspiring lectures that
Maharishi made especially for Governors; and a basic refreshing of core
teaching skills.
No Block 2 offered this year. Due to Raja Hagelin's
desire to have many Governors become recertified this year in this final
scheduled course, and in the interest of time and efficiency, we want to ensure
that all Governors graduate Block 1 recertified and ready to teach. We are
confident that, with extra focus ahead of time, it will not be necessary to
schedule Block 2 this summer.
Well begun is half done: Pre-course study and simple testing.
To ensure everyone will graduate from Block 1 as a Recertified
Governor, some simple testing will be conducted before the course by
your local (or nearest) Maharishi Invincibility Center / TM Center, following
your preparation and study done at home. This will include the following:
        * Personal Checking: Fluency in Yeses; cognizance of Nos; and good
comprehension of General Points.
        * Three Days Checking: It will be good to observe a round of Three Days
of Checking being conducted by a Certified Governor at a nearby TM Center
before coming to the Governor Refresher Course.
        * Verification required: Verification of having completed this
pre-course study and testing must be submitted by the local TM Center Director,
along with a recommendation, in order to be accepted
to the Governor Refresher Course. Please ask that this be emailed to
educat...@tm.org.
Generous scholarships are available for Governor
Refresher Course tuition for those who can commit to teaching full or
part time (see section IV below for details).
After becoming recertified: Recertified Governors are encouraged to teach
full-time, but may teach either full- or part-time through TM Centers, which
cater to mixed-gender outreaches and all initiatives of
Maharishi Foundation USA (formerly Maharishi Vedic Education
Development); and/or through the Global Mother Divine Organization's
outreaches and initiatives focused on women and girls.
Previously recertified Governors are invited as well to apply for
Block 1; they will be required to fully participate in all aspects of
the course. Standard course fee policies apply (please see section VI
below).
Requirement for maintaining recertification status: The program of requiring
Governors to become recertified in order to
teach the Transcendental Meditation program was designed to keep
Governors fresh in the knowledge and skills of teaching. Implicit in
this requirement is the need to teach the TM program on a regular basis. To
support this requirement, a policy was created that requires
Certified Governors to take the Governor Refresher Course (or an
equivalent course) if they do not teach 3-6 people a year, averaged over a
two-year period. (Certified Governors in Fairfield who maintain
regular Dome attendance, contributing to national coherence, may receive
special consideration.)
..
[...]
IV. Fee for Governor Refresher Course, Summer 2013Block 1: $700
..