> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:

> (snip)

> > > I never knew Robin directly, only interacted with him here, so, as I said
> > > it was a surmise; glad to be corrected. But something was out of whack
> > > with him, if you take all the stories into account.
> >
> > Well, I don't need to "take all of the stories into account" because they
> > were not stories for me, they were real life, they were my life. If there
> > was anything "out of whack" I would have to summarize it very simply to say
> > the man felt too much; unlike our author in the article you linked here who
> > didn't seem to feel at all unless it was apartness and a tendency for great
> > violence of reaction.
> >
> >  Robin was the exact opposite. His depth of feeling and capacity to carry
> > and hold others within himself created situations and circumstances of
> > great emotion and devastating rending. And my experience of him since those
> > days in my personal correspondence with him has shown me an almost
> > bottomless well of remorse and self recrimination for what he feels he did,
> > how he effected so many of the people he loved in his life.
>

> What's both disturbing and offensive about Xeno's
> "sociopath" thesis is that it's so clear from Robin's
> posts here that it's absurd, out of the question. It's
> a childishly hostile, knowingly false characterization
> born of petty personal antipathy, and as such it could
> hardly be less consistent with the advanced state of
> consciousness Xeno claims to have attained, as he
> himself describes it.

First of all, it was an hypothesis, not a statement of fact. I said I had a
suspicion, and Ann corrected me satisfactorily. That Robin harmed people in the
past is evidence something was not right with him. As I am not a psychologist
or a psychiatrist, I was surmising, not making a diagnosis. Now, some think he
is better, and others think his recriminations concerning his past are a ruse.
Based on his last appearance here, I still have suspicions. What else could I
say if I think this?

Second I have not attained anything. I have had certain experiences, as many
here have had. All that has happened is the idea that there is something to
attain in this spiritual business has fled. That is very different from 'an
advanced state of consciousness'. I do not think consciousness has any states.
It is either there or it is not, depending somewhat on what one thinks
unconsciousness or non-being might be (the paradox is saying whether
'non-being' can 'be', a peculiar oxymoron).

Your surmises, Judy, are over the top, while Ann's have a measure of
explanation and were not accusatory , they simply filled in missing
information; she has sources about Robin that I do not have except by what she
might relate to us.