Michael is correct...or at least I was always warned the same thing. My God!
Ice cream will increase Pitta (and this may be so) so we were told to eat
whipped cream instead if we craved such a Kalpha delight.   Ice was bad..and so
was cold water.
Carry a thermos full of hot water with you at all times. Sip through out the
day. Not dissing the practice, but it is ODD that OZ said drink cold
water..."Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore!"
Step from behind the curtain the great and powerful OZ1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE