Note that these "old posts" are all about Robin *as
he was 30-some years ago*, a period when Robin
himself says he was, essentially, nuts, when he
himself says he did great harm to people who loved
and trusted him toward the end of the 10 years of
his group. None of the writers of these posts had
seen him or even heard about him since those days.

While these folks were writing their posts in 2003,
Robin was still in seclusion, engaged in self-
administered penance and self-correction, having cut
himself off from his family and everyone he had known,
except for his best friend. He had begun this
withdrawal in 1986 and did not emerge from it until
2011.

Anyone who can read the accounts he's posted here of
what he had done back then, and what this quarter-
century of withdrawal was like for him, without sensing
the personal agony and extreme remorse and self-
condemnation behind them is pathologically insensitive,
IMHO.

Nobody in these posts says anything about what Robin was
like in those days that Robin has not said of himself,
and worse. So the intention in reposting them to badmouth
and embarrass him and his supporters fails miserably and
does serious discredit to the reposter.

Quoting from the article below:

"The second part of this two-part empathy for the normal
person is the automatic, compelling, intuitive, appropriate
response to what the other feels - not the acting out of a
chosen script. The psychopath can follow the same script as
a normal person, usually with all the subtle nuances of a
skilled actor - if he chooses to do so. An untrained
observer is very unlikely to note any difference from the
real thing."

The insidious thing about this pronouncement is that
when it is quoted in the context of attempting to cast
a specific individual as a psychopath, as Xeno is doing,
the immediate reaction is to think, "Oh, this person's
empathetic responses are automatic, compelling,
intuitive, and appropriate, and apparently normal, *just
like those of a psychopath*. That's powerful evidence
that he *is* a psychopath."

It was Xeno's intention for readers to have this reaction.

Of course, with a little reflection, one realizes that the
only significance of the pronouncement is that if a person
seems normally empathetic, his empathy does not by itself
*rule out* that he is a psychopath. But it is most
certainly not evidence *for* psychopathy.

The ill will and desire for revenge embodied by this post
of Xeno's is shocking. It tells us something about Xeno:
he is just as much in the grip of ego and at the mercy
of his emotions as anybody else here, and more so than
some.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"