--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ann's turn to PLONK. Simply amazing!
> > >
> > > from google dictionary
> > >
> > > de·bate
> > > /diˈbāt/
> > > Noun
> > > A formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or
> > > legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.
> > >
> > > Verb
> > > Argue about (a subject), esp. in a formal manner.
> > >
> > > Synonyms
> > > noun.  discussion - dispute - argument - disputation
> > > verb.  dispute - discuss - argue - deliberate - canvass
> >
> > It does no good to point out to compulsive arguers
> > that they're compulsive arguers, Share. They're not
> > really human beings; they're just EGOs trying to
> > assert themselves and (in their minds, at least)
> > "win" some imaginary battle that is going on only
> > inside their heads.
> >
> > Isn't it fascinating that the SAME people who could
> > not see that Robin's behavior *had never changed*
> > from the Bad Old Days we've read about and the
> > Equally Bad New Days on FFL are the people who
> > *act just like him*?
> >
> > That is, they all seem to live for *confrontation*,
> > for luring (or badgering, or insulting, or slander-
> > ing) people into one-on-one "battles" with them.
> > I honestly believe that for many of these people,
> > the ones who have been doing it the longest, that
> > the goal is no longer to "win," and assert their
> > opinions or their POVs as "better" or "more true."
> > They're "in it" for the battles themselves. What
> > their EGOs *get off on* is that direct battle with
> > other EGOs.
>
> Says Barry, injecting his particular strain of poison. "I have no EGO but boy
> can I make people feel bad or talk about myself incessantly, comparing what I
> do to all the other EGO bloated losers around here to show how despicable
> they are. Now listen to ME, I've got more to say, DON'T you walk away, I was
> talking. Hey, get back here, I'm not done...(squeak)".
<snip>

Oh well, he IS inadvertently very entertaining...I was laughing at the image
above, because I was imagining something similar; Barry at the center of an
ever growing circle of emptiness, with those nearest growing ever further away,
with Barry screaming desperately, "I said Fuck You! FUCK YOU! NOTICE ME!"