On 07/10/2013 10:03 AM, authfriend wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>> On 07/10/2013 09:14 AM, Richard J. Williams wrote:
>>> nablusoss1008:
>>>>
>>> Addressing the important issues!
>>>
>>> Yeah, but at least Judy and Barry format for easy
>>> reading. Go figure.
>>>
>>> Have you ever tried to read text on a 40 inch
>>> screen, from edge to edge. It looks so dumb when
>>> people do that. LoL!
>>>
>>> All they have to do is a little re-formatting -
>>> don't use the  text wrap, just hit enter about
>>> keying 25 or 30 characters.
>> Still living in the 1980s, eh?  Yahoo formats the
>> posts anyway.
> Don't know what your problem is, Bhairitu, but he's
> absolutely right. Yahoo doesn't format the posts if
> they're already formatted with shorter lines.

My problem?  How about over 30 years of computer programming under my
belt?  I think I know what I'm talking about, Judy.  It is TOTAL
BULLSHIT  to self format these days.  Programmers only do that in code
to keep it readable and at their discretion.  Email is not a programming
editor and neither is the web interface.  No need to add line feeds
unless you want to make some point doing so like entering a poem.
Apparently for some people old habits die hard. :-D

Probably FFL would have been better off as a forum website.  There you
can use quote options.  HTML will auto format according to the brower's
panel size with a paragraph tag at the beginning and end of a
paragraph.  No line feed needed.  Yahoo Groups email is sent in two
formats: plain text and HTML.

>> And nothing looks worse
>> than this
>> for a short sentence.
> Which happens how often?

Often with the people who are still living in the 1980s. :-D