FYI –

In the Dzogchen teachings (both Buddhist and Bonpo), the pracitioner is
introduced to their own inherent self-knowing awareness (svasamvedana
jñana, rang-rig yeshe).

The first practice after that introduction is trekchöd (pronounced:
teekchö) or practice of the natural self-freeing of all experience,
whether sensory or cognitive. Once that training is somewhat stabilized,
the practitioner begins the practice of tögal. This depletes the
karma-bound field of experience as it opens and directly reveals the
celestial values of experience.

During tögal practice, one of the focal points of training is a
particular nadi called the kâti channel – a nadi that directly
connects the center of the heart to the two eyes. This is not the
sushumna channel of the spine nor is it ida/pinpala nadi-s on the right
and left of the spine. The practice reveals the projective nature of
experience, which appears as a field stationed outside of but in front
of the two physical eyes.

Not all yoga practice is based upon shaiva psycho-physiology.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Seraphita"  wrote:

> Franklin Merrell-Wolff (younger readers will have to look him up on
> Wikipedia as he's fallen into obscurity in recent years) claimed that
he
> never learned a single meditation practice that he didn't have to
> "tweak" before he could get the maximum benefits from the practice. I
> have to confess, I've had the same experience with TM. The effortless
> repetition (or favouring) of the mantra for sure elicited some
dramatic
> changes in consciousness, including (on rounding courses) experiences
of
> Richard Bucke-style "cosmic consciousness". But the TM technique
always
> insisted one concentrate (if "concentrate" is the right word) on
> "hearing" the subtle sound of the syllable - with no reference given
> where ones vision (perhaps a better expression is "inner vision")
might