> John, thank you but don't go too far out on that limb. Lots
> of folks here in the Funny Farm Lounge with saws in their
> hands. Uh oh, including me. In the other post you said the
> brother of the current queen gave up the throne to marry an
> American divorced woman. Actually he was her uncle. He
> abdicated and her father became king. She blamed her uncle
> for her father's early death. Thus the Duke and Duchess of
> Windsor were never allowed back in the country.

Your last sentence is false. They lived mainly in France
but returned to England several times; the queen visited
the couple in France; and they are buried in a royal
cemetery in England. Royal relations with the duke would
not have been warm and fuzzy for many significant reasons.
Best to read up on them before trying to portray the queen
as out for petty revenge, eh?