--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> Many people HAVE "gained" CC via TM, or so the published research suggests,
> while many more have not.
>
> Perhaps a higher percentage of people would be enlightened now if they all
> stuck to official 8-limbed yoga practices.

They may have progressed more because they incorporated Religion with
meditation which is what Yoga was meant to be, but I doubt more would be
enlightened, enlightenment is no small matter.  As MMY said Meditation and
Religion were meant to go hand in hand in SOBAL, FWIW.

> But TM, by itself, has proven sufficient for some folks to gain
> enlightenment, and full-blown yoga would never be appealing to as many people
> by several orders of magnitude, at least.

Very true, though no technique is going to lead to CC in a few dozen years IMHO
(except in rare cases), I don't care what you're practicing.

"The number of people enlightened in the World today could fit under a small
umbrella", CLutes  I still think that is applicable.