Thanks for that response. PSM sounds intriguing. There are so many
techniques to choose from these days. Once upon a time TM was the only
game in town - if your home town was in the north of England at any
rate.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> Hmm good question Seraphita. Dunno what the Movement did with PST
after Deepak left. I know they had various Indian healers come round and
do some expensive healing stuff, cost was based on what kind of healing
you wanted.

> Had some TM friends who did it, cost them about $1400.00, per person.
The lady would walk around them and blow her breath on them, and intone
some kind of mantra from time to time, sometimes it was just a shout,
but that was a different thing than the PST I think.

> As to my experience with Primordial Sound meditation.
>
> When I was initiated, the teachers don't do puja, they chant some
sanskrit lines.

> I sat there in front of the teacher and as soon as she started
chanting, I felt this rather pleasant and powerful energy right over the
top of my head. As she chanted the energy built and built, becoming
stronger and stronger and it seemed to be swirling around in circle from
top to bottom like a ferris wheel - I was kind of surprised and wondered
what was gonna happen but sat there and as soon as she finished the
chant, she leaned in and whispered the mantra - instantly I felt all
that energy whoosh down into my crown and go all the way to my feet.

> Per instruction I closed my eyes and began to repeat the mantra, and
all I can say is that what I experienced was the feeling of energy that
felt like it was the very essence of who I am. I had never felt anything
like that in my life. For about two or three months every time I
meditated with the Primordial Sound mantra it felt the same way, same
energy, same essence of me.

> After that two or three month period that stopped and meditation was
just meditation. The difference between the two, TM and PSM for me is
this: TM always felt like I was sinking into the Absolute, and PSM feels
like I am waking up or enlivening the Absolute within me.