Oh my lord! That means you can't abide that English woman, Jo Rowling!!!!!

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:41 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Chopra nothing without Maharishi

> Awww, Come on Sal, why you don't like Deepak?

I don't like any of these guru types who make a fortune out
of seekers, even if it is their own choice. I don't like the
reliance on quantum physics as a prop for woolly thinking
and undeliverable promises or pushing untested folk medicine.
I don't like the whole "veda is truth" thing. Basically my
same reasons for disliking the TMO.

I am interested in his split from the TMO though, in our old
tape cupboard at the academy we had a huge box of videos
featuring Deepak with a "not to be played" sign on them. I
gather he went from quite the darling to public enemy number one
very swiftly but I never managed to get a straight answer about
why from anybody.

Usually it was that he changed Marshy's teaching (I thought it
was him teaching Marshy about AV) or that he made some personal
money out of it which TM bigwigs saw as some sort of ultimate
crime. Bizarrely, as they still sell no end of courses in vedic #wisdom
promising a fruitful career. Maybe they were annoyed as
he was the only one who ever did make a buck out of the TMO.
I know precious few who ever got any "nature" support from that direction.

> I know I have enjoyed his writing - especially his first fiction novel,
> Return of Merlin which he supposedly wrote the bulk of during the year when
> he was looking after the Big M subsequent to his being poisoned. I loved that
> novel.

Didn't know he wrote fiction though, but I never liked fantasy
novels anyway, if I even get a sniff of a wizard I'm off - It's
sci-fi for me if I'm feeling speculative.