--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> Didn't know he wrote fiction though, but I never liked fantasy
> novels anyway, if I even get a sniff of a wizard I'm off - It's
> sci-fi for me if I'm feeling speculative.

Just as a question, did you ever read any of
Roger Zelazny's Chronicles Of Amber series?

That's got Woo, and the existence of wizards
of a sort, but it's also got a lot of phwam!
in my opinion.

The series started as an act of will. Roger
had caught a bad case of writer's block, and
couldn't get a damned thing to come out. So,
being a martial artists and a warrior type
himself, he set himself a task to help him
snap out of it.

He would write a whole novel in one month.
(It usually took him six months to a year.)
The novel was to be a throw-away. He didn't
plan to do anything with it. He was using
it to inspire him to write more serious
books.

The result was "Nine Princes In Amber," a
novel that went on to be the first of a
series of ten novels that, collectively,
are Zelazny's biggest sellers. Go figure.