Those explosions in Majorca drove me up a wall back then. Wouldn't bother me
today.

________________________________
 From: Seraphita <s3raph...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 5:56 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: We know the Beatles carried on with their TM . . .

Have you noticed that macho attitude some TMers strike where they claim they
can meditate anywhere regardless of ambient noises - most infamously at a
scandal-racked teacher-training course in Mallorca (?) when there were
explosions going off in the out-of-season hotel car park during renovation
work!

I could never manage that trick - I need relative quiet. A few years back I was
doing my evening session on bonfire night (November 5th) here in UK and about
half-way through the entire street decided to set off their fireworks at the
same time. Jesus! Since then I always meditate before darkness falls on that
date.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, obbajeeba  wrote:> > Many people imagine
recording studios or places where music is played as noisy places in their
minds. When in fact, they are usually the opposite much more of the time then
there is sound. (As you mentioned above about the guys seeking the studio to
"authentic Himalayan silence," is true.)   Where there is music practiced and
recorded, these are some of the best places to seek the silence. Kind of like
the gap. > People imagine these places as big party atmospheres with no noise
going to be heard of their own, or forced into hearing other sounds that they
did not click on the stereo, tv, or mp3 ipod. > Total silence to total sound
filling a place. So magical, both experiences. > Thanks for bringing that up. I
have had that subject thrown in my face before in similar situations of
conversation, and it is hard to explain sometimes, good point to share. :)>