> The film The Chess Players,  directed by Satyajit Ray, includes a
> dance sequence - an authentic  Kathak dance (Hindi: ????) one
> of the eight  forms of Indian classical dance. One of my favourite
> dance scenes. I  hope you enjoy.

I've never been a fan of traditional Indian dance, precisely
because most of it is so formalized and standardized.
Unlike the raga, there doesn't seem to be much room in
the structure for improvisation and individual expression.

But that could just be me, and thanks anyway, because I
did appreciate the grace of her hand movements. For some
reason, they reminded me a little of the woman who is one
of my all-time ideals of grace and beauty, a courtesan
named Inara. Here's a short fan tribute:

  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enplY0igwBU>