I love these. Yelp is often the "lowest common denominator,"
which is not always a bad thing. I think it's good for those who
consider themselves above the masses to find out what the
masses think of them and their taste.

You should see some of the reviews of some of the supposedly
swanky places to eat in Paris.  :-)

Written by food cretins, admittedly, but still...funny food cretins.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> I decided to check out the FF food scene, using Yelp. This set of
reviews is hilarious:

>  Thai Deli
>  120 West Broadway
>  Fairfield, IA
>
>  Review from Mango D.,
>  Las Vegas, NV
>  9/16/2006
>  5.0 star rating
>  This stuff is like crack when we come to town. Make sure you come in
when it is fresh. (After dome is good) We cant get enough of the creamy
coconut potato dish. And the tofu and squash dish as well. They both go
great mixed with the fried rice. The noodles are good sparingly when
super fresh.
>  I cannot find anything like this in California. Sigh... Fairfield,
must you taunt me so!

>  Review from Nicholas J.
>  San Francisco, CA
>  1/12/2010
>  1.0 star rating.
>  The reason you'll never find a Thai restaurant like this in
California is because you can usually find actual Thai people
voluntarily living in the coastal regions of the country, and very few
of them are likely to express an interest in consuming the watered-down
Grandy's buffet slop this dismal little cafeteria tries to pass off as
an exotic Asian experience. If I were forced to explain their longevity,
I would have to say that I believe they remain in business primarily
because of the cult school up the road--an institution which seems to
supply them with a steady stream of stoned Dave Matthews fans, all of
whom would be lucky to successfully locate Thailand on a map after
hyperventilating through the magic levitation classes their hippie
parents pay for just because John Lennon told them to in a dream.

>  Review from Max S.
>  Fairfield, IA
>  5/24/2009
>  2.0 star rating
>  It's dirt cheap but man does the food blow.
>
>  Review from Will M.
>  Seattle, WA
>  7/23/2010
>  1.0 star rating
>  They nickname this place "Thai Smelly".  It's small town Midwest
buffet meets new age crowd.  Absolutely awful food.  It's dirt cheap for
a reason.  I mean honestly, I don't know how this place survives - I
wouldn't eat here if it was free.

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com
wrote:

>  Richard first mentioned the food deserts concept on Tuesday. It took
you until today, Saturday, to decide that Fairfield was a food oasis?

>  It's funny, because even though I don't live in Fairfield, it would
have taken me about two seconds to figure out it was a food oasis.

>  Share wrote:
>
>  > Richard, I've been thinking about this concept of food deserts
since you first
>  > posted it. I think we have an oasis here in FF! I could definitely
walk to our
>  > local health food store though it would take about 15 to 20
minutes. There is
>  > another one on campus just outside the women's Dome so that's also
>  > possibility. We have a locally owned convenience store/gas station,
Logli's